No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

- The Master Spool directory : It must be available for writing from
both master instances.
- $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common : It must be available for writing from
both masters, and for reading from all nodes.
Is it true ?

I currently specify the Master Spool directory with the
QMASTER_SPOOL_DIR variable in my install template file.
However, I can't find a way to select a specific common directory.

Since I have to share the common directory between all my hosts, I'm
would like to move it outside of $SGE_ROOT. Something like
/mnt/sgecommons would be great.

I figured out several solutions :
- Install the qmaster, move the directory content elsewhere on my
filesystem and add a symlink. => This way, I can't easily automate my
grid deployment.
- Hack the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sgemaster script to change the
common directory location - could it work ? (I don't know SGE
internals...)

What's the cleaner way to share the common directory between hosts ?

FYI :
- We don't use NFS for data sharing - just GlusterFS.
- We plan to use Classic spooling. Berkeley DB server looks
interesting but seems to be a single point of failure and could open
security holes.

Thanks for your help.

Philippe Muller