No subject

Wed Jan 12 20:38:46 GMT 2011

What is the proper way of modifying this file ?
1) stopping ALL GE daemons, updating the file, then restarting the daemons?
2) stopping execd daemons, updating the file, then restarting the daemons?
3) updating the file, then restarting the daemons? (more convenient!)

About the "configuration" file, how is it used by execd ?
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html says : "most of the information in this file does not need to be used by the exec hosts. However, there are two parameters, ignore_fqdn and default_domain, which are used by the commd on all hosts."
Is it still accurate ? If we are sure about the two settings, we won't have to update this file on the exec nodes ?

Thanks for your help!

Philippe Muller