[SGE-discuss] mail archive

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 18:26:50 GMT 2011

Jesse Becker <beckerjes at mail.nih.gov> writes:

> I extracted this from Gmane, as they provide a decent interface for
> doing this.  It's a full dump too--headers and all.

Right.  I have the whole thing, though the first ~1000 article numbers
are missing (out of ~22k?).  I was going to ask larsi for the nicest way
to get a complete dump, but a test seemed quick enough not to be
antisocial.

> It's just -users though, since that's all Gmane has.  In order, I'd like
> to get the full -users archive, followed by -dev.  The rest I don't care
> much about.

Right.

> You can have my copy (bz2 file is ~9MB).  It's in two mbox files.
> Alternately, it's pretty simple to extract it again from Gmane (although
> you will probably have to do it in at least 2 passes due to process
> time-limits on the server).

Looking again at what I have, it isn't complete.  I'll check what
happened and maybe take you up on that, thanks.  I then need to figure
out namazu indexing or similar.